Ceremonial Cacao Drink
Serves 1 - for larger numbers, scale up from here
Up to 42g of cacao - We suggest 20g to 30g as a good amount, certainly for group Ceremonies.
220ml of either water or 1/2 water, 1/2 plant milk
Optional: Natural sweetener to taste (coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey etc - refined white sugar alters the vibration!)
Methods for making:
For a smooth topped drink
- Weigh out and place the chopped or pre ground cacao in the bottom of a mug, cup or drinking vessel of your choice.
- Add a little of the hot water or plant based milk.
- Mix into a thick paste, adding a little more hot liquid as required, stirring until smooth, take your time, there's no need to rush!
- (Optional) include any additions of your choice e.g. coconut sugar, superfood powders or spices
- Add more water / plant milk and sweetener, if required, and top up to your preferred drinking consistency.
- Enjoy whilst warm.
For a frothy topped drink. (Requires a hi-speed blender)
Good method when making for a group Ceremony, make in small batches and transfer to saucepan or serving vessel.
- Weigh the cacao and place in a high speed blender.
- Warm or heat the water or plant milk of your choice in a saucepan
- Add the warmed liquid to the blender along with any additions of your choice e.g. coconut sugar, superfood powder or oil
- Whizz ingredients together at high speed
- Pour into cups and enjoy!